Thursday 7 March 2013

look back

i just had my first 日本語 lesson in two years yesterday. it's good to know not all of it has dwindled away into nothingness, especially since i'm going to 東京 on 17/03!! i haven't been back to my soulmate city since 2010, and honestly, i still can't properly put into words how happy i am to be going back (even if only for a week). 

y's by Yohji Yamamoto shirt // Uniqlo denim // Topshop socks // Underground UK creepers

i hate how cliché this is going to sound, but i'm going to anyway.

i've had this lifelong love affair with Japan for as long as i can remember. i didn't actually go until the first time in 2006, but it's only served to reinforce my admiration. i make myself aware of its societal flaws and downfalls but my feelings has yet to sway. aesthetically and in terms of work ethic, as far as i'm concerned, Japan is the leader at both.

here, i had this idea to simplify my favourite 原宿/ZiPPER~esque proportion into really, just the basics. 

これでは。。。

oversize top
+
cuffed boy-fit bottom
+
rubber sole shoes

i like to think that it's both rather simple and effective, which is the best, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment